Human Resources Assistant
Our client, a commercial construction company in far Southside Richmond, is in need of a Human Resources Assistant to facilitate the human resource processes, including full-cycle recruiting and orientations. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry. A minimum of 2 years’ relevant human resources and recruiting experience are required, and candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen. This is a temporary position with possibility of transitioning to permanent. The hourly pay rate is $15.00.
· Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in ATS/HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process
· Schedules meetings and interviews as requested, coordinates interviews and meetings
· Prepares and maintains files
· Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files. Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks
· Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
· Primarily responsible for handling the toll-free recruitment line
· Provides backup switchboard coverage during breaks, lunches, etc. by operating the telephone switchboard to answer and screen calls, greeting clients, and ordering supplies
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience with recruiting and onboarding
· Applicant Tracking System experience, preferably Birddog
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Must have a satisfactory driving record, criminal record, and ability to pass a drug screen
· High school diploma or equivalent
To email your resume, or to apply for a position in our Job Listings, Click Here.