Accounts Payable Specialist
Our client, a national transportation/shipping company, is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist with excellent Excel skills. The work schedule is 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and this position will be temporary for several months with the possibility of eventual permanent hire.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Receive and process all invoices from home office and the field
- Verify invoice data with departments and regional personnel
- Open, sort and distribute mail within the department for coding
- Batch invoices, run and proof batch edits
- Match checks with invoices and mail them
- Handle calls to and from vendors regarding payment information
- Lookup vendors and paid invoices, change computer information on vendors, fax or mail W-9 information to vendors, etc.
- After mastering the above duties, will be taught to print checks and run interfaces for various departments
- Regular attendance is required
- 2 to 3 years of relevant accounts payable experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Good mathematical skills and 10-key abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting, in a fast paced environment
- Must be mentally and emotionally capable of handling a high stress environment
- Candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check
To email your resume, or to apply for a position in our Job Listings, Click Here.